Both Quality of Life (QOL) grants awards financial support to nonprofit organizations that mirror the Reeve Foundation's mission and are federally funded through a cooperative agreement with the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Community Living (ACL) (Cooperative Agreement Number 90PRRC0002-03-00).
Direct Effect QOL grants offer up to $25,000 to nonprofit organizations for projects that clearly impact individuals living with paralysis, their families, and caregivers.
High Impact Priority QOL grants fund projects in the following high-priority areas: Tier 2 – Transportation, Respite/Caregiving, and Disaster Response (grants up to $30,000); Tier 3 – Nursing Home Transition (grants up to $40,000); and Tier 4 – Employment (grants up to $50,000).
During this cycle, the High Impact Priority Employment grants are one of Reeve Foundation's top priorities because employment is fundamental in achieving and maintaining independence while being one of the most challenging obstacles to individuals living with paralysis. In addition, gainful employment allows people living with paralysis to achieve enhanced financial security, higher quality of life, and improved community connections.
More on Jersey Desk
- Meet the Controversial Artist Making a Difference in Up-State New York
- Dolby Atmos Now Available for Wohler's iAM-12G-SDI
- ELLKAY Launches Women In HIT Initiative To Recognize Innovative Women Leaders In Healthcare IT
- New Jersey Natural Gas Receives Approval for its Infrastructure Investment Program
- Southern Ocean Chamber Holiday Campaign Kick off with Freeholder Vicari
"We are excited to announce that we are opening our new grants cycle on September 9, with a focus on employment," said Mark Bogosian, Director of Quality of Life Grants Program. "Giving someone the opportunity to gain the independence that having financial freedom offers is at the core of the PRC and the grants program."
Grant funds support programs and projects that:
- Assist individuals living with paralysis to enter, re-enter, remain, and advance in the workplace;
- Create career pathways to meaningful, living-wage jobs; and
- Provide job development services to people living with paralysis, including career education, adaptive technology, and career training with the goal of finding gainful employment.
Organizations can view updated Application and Program Guidelines, which include new Eligibility Criteria and an overview of the QOL grant program, and the QOL grant application process can be found on the Reeve Foundation website.
More on Jersey Desk
- Clare Medical's AI Platform Demonstrates Predictive Capabilities Which Reduced Hospital Admissions And Other Clinically Significant Outcomes By Over 50%
- Local Experts for Every Season Are the Heart of the BUY LBI Region Year Round Campaign
- Catch brings integrated health insurance enrollment into the full suite of portable beneﬁts
- The Whyse®, in Collaboration with Pharmaceutical Executive®, Launches Virtual Digital Leadership Event: word to the whyse
- Local "We Buy Houses" Company Details how Covid-19 is Affecting the Housing Market in NC
A free Application Technical Assistance Webinar will be held on Wednesday, September 16, from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM ET. Register HERE for the webinar.
For a full application timeline and more information about how to apply, go to the Reeve Foundation blog page.
About the Reeve Foundation
The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation is dedicated to curing spinal cord injury by advancing innovative research and improving quality of life for individuals and families impacted by paralysis. We meet all 20 of the Better Business Bureau's standards for charity accountability and hold the BBB's Charity Seal. The Paralysis Resource Center (PRC) is a program of the Reeve Foundation and is funded through a cooperative agreement with the Administration for Community Living (cooperative agreement number 90PRRC0002-03-00). For more information, please visit our website at www.ChristopherReeve.org or call 800-539-7309.
SOURCE Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Jersey Desk
- OpsVeda 9.0 focuses on agility and automation needs of enterprises in the post-Covid era
- A Comprehensive Discussion at Offshorecorptalk.com Reveals Anonymous Cryptocurrencies
- Entrinsik Dominates in BARC – BI & Analytics 2021 Survey
- Toys"R"Us® Unwraps Its 2020 Holiday Hot Toy List
- Tryp Technologies Inc Launching Delivery Service, TripDelivers in Nashville, TN
- Americans Bombarded by 9.4 Billion Political Robocalls This Year, Says Nomorobo Report
- NICE Launches Evidencentral Marketplace, First Open Digital Evidence Management Ecosystem, to Accelerate Digital Transformation for Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice
- Men's Health Again Honors Eggland's Best With 2020 Best Snack Award
- Precision Wins US HHS HubZone Showcase #3 SPOTLIGHT
- Ortho's VITROS® SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test Capable of Accurate Mass-Scale Testing Achieves CE Mark
- Governor Murphy and Department of Health Commissioner Judy Persichilli Announce New Jersey's COVID -19 Vaccination Plan
- Eagle Pharmaceuticals to Discuss Third Quarter 2020 Financial Results on November 2, 2020
- Abigale M. Stolfe, Esq. is recognized by Continental Who's Who
- Project Manager at Raajipo Builds More Than Homes for Hexa Builders
- R&B Songstress Alyson Williams Releases New Single, "Summer Nights In Harlem"
- New Report Shows NJ Energy Plan Will Cost Taxpayers Billions Per Year
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020
- QLSM is 5 Years of Therapy In Just 3 Hours Science Backed
- Aetrex Revolutionizes 3D Foot Scanning with Albert 2 Launch
- MICT Appoints Richard Abrahams as Managing Director and Global Head of Brokerage English English