- Fall Exhibitions at The Center for Contemporary Art
- New Jersey: Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Allowing Extended Rulemaking Deadlines to Expire
- New Jersey: Governor Murphy Takes Action on Legislation
Jared Young, Psy.D., CAADC, LCSW, CCM, will serve as chair of the 16-member volunteer board. Since 88% of case managers come to the profession with a background in nursing, Young brings a unique perspective as a clinical psychologist who also holds a master's degree in social work. He has more than 20 years of experience in mental health and substance abuse treatment and founded the outpatient behavioral health practice he leads in Camp Hill, Penn. Young has served on the Commission for five years and served on the editorial board of CCMC's online information resource, the Case Management Body of Knowledge®.
"Now more than ever, it's critical that we recognize and address the social and emotional factors that affect health—as CCMs and as members of the care team," Young said. "Board-certified case managers have the demonstrated skills and knowledge to support integrated, whole person care."
More on Jersey Desk
- New Jersey: ICYMI: Survivors in Warren County Can Now Apply for FEMA Assistancovernor Murphy Signs Executive Order Instituting Vaccination or Testing Requirement for All Child Care Center Personnel
- 16:06 ET Richard L. Gordon, DO, is recognized by Continental Who's Who
- Prep My Family: You Never Know When Disaster Will Strike, Be Prepared With Survival Supplies
- Joaris Bella and Mike Masif Coming to Dubai Nightclub in Camden
- 2 Day Free Festival Rocks the Bay Oct 2 & 3
"CCMC's commitment to making professional development and lifelong learning accessible and relevant means case managers can fulfill this critical role on the health care continuum—even during a pandemic," he added. "I'm honored to be part of a Commission that pivoted to provide a range of online resources during this difficult period to not only build knowledge, but also address the increased stress and personal challenges faced by many case managers."
In addition to Young, the Commission's 2021-2022 officers are:
- Chair Elect: Teri Treiger, RN-BC, MA, CCM, FABQAURP, principal, Ascent Care Management;
- Secretary: Patricia Nunez, MA, CRC, CDMS, CCM, director, Claim Supply Management office, CNA;
- Treasurer: Anne Mercer, CIA, CFE, CFSA, director professional practices, The Institute of Internal Auditors; and
- Immediate Past-Chair: Michelle Baker, BS, RN, CRRN, CCM, senior manager, network services, Paradigm Catastrophic Care Management.
Two new board members at large, were also announced:
- Lisa Cook Bayer, JD, CCM, co-owner and founder, LMR Elder Care; and
- Kendra Greene, MSN, CCM, clinical operations manager, UnitedHealth Group.
"Employers rely on the Commission to uphold the value of the CCM credential, ensuring it remains relevant as health care evolves," says MaryBeth Kurland, CAE, Commission CEO. "Our commissioners voluntarily lend their knowledge and decades of experience to the board oversight role. But they also bring real-world experience from the front lines of case management practice, which is crucial for us to continue to develop the webinars, workshops and online resources that effectively target the skills practitioners need today."
More on Jersey Desk
- New gallery exhibits including FROM FALLUJAH featuring four contemporary photographers work from Fallujah
- Healthline Gate Launches its Health and Medical Information News Website
- 5 Breakroom benefits your employees will truly appreciate
- Carl Gould wins Gold Globee® Entrepreneur of the Year in the Annual 2021 CEO World Awards
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Minneapolis Area Residents!
About the Commission for Case Manager Certification
The Commission for Case Manager Certification is the first and largest nationally accredited case management certification organization, credentialing more than 50,000 professional case managers and disability management specialists. The Commission is a nonprofit, volunteer organization that oversees the process of case manager certification with its CCM® and CDMS® credentials. Offering an extensive portfolio of certification and professional advancement activities, the Commission is the most active and prestigious certification organization supporting the practices of case management and disability management. For more information, visit www.ccmcertification.org and www.cdms.org, connect with the Commission on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @CCM_Cert.
SOURCE Commission for Case Manager Certification
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Jersey Desk
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- New Jersey: Governor Murphy Signs Legislation to Increase Transparency of Higher Education Costs
- Governor Murphy Announces Commitment to Universal Pre-K for New Jersey
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- LBI Region Packs Fall events into a 3 Day Weekend
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- A sea of yellow assembles on the Seaside Heights boardwalk at the 8th Annual Celebration of HOPE Wal
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Soligenix to Advance Synthetic Hypericin Development in Psoriasis
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Announces the Launch of Fab Cars, An E-Commerce Platform For Selling and Buying Used Cars
- LBI Region Businesses Can Win Big with Shop Small Promotion
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- ICYMI: Acting AG Bruck: New Jersey Files Amicus Brief Supporting U.S. Department of Justice Challenge to Texas Ban on Abortions
- Businesses Win Big with Shop Small Kick off November 17
- What is on Tap at Oct 2 & 3 Bayfront Fest?
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?