"We knew Monsignor Lowery first as pastor at our home parish, St. James Church in Red Bank, where he spent nearly three-quarters of his four decades in the priesthood," said Governor Murphy and First Lady Tammy Murphy. "He was one of the very first people we met when we moved to New Jersey and was a friend and mentor to his last day. He played unparalleled roles for us as he blessed our house back in 1998 before we moved in, stood beside Phil as he was sworn in to become ambassador in 2009 then as governor in 2018, and he played a significant role in our children's lives through a combination of CCD and Red Bank Catholic High School. We broke bread together. He was a constant source of support, both personally and spiritually.
More on Jersey Desk
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
- Kupper Mounts Vacuum-Powered, Suction Cup Bike Racks Now for Sale Now through Shopify & KupperMounts.com for Customers Living in the United States
- The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation present - Transitioning to College for Students with Paralysis Webinar
- New live video network for students enhances college social life and campus entertainment
- New Jersey: Governor Murphy Announces Intention to Nominate Robert J. Carroll, Esq. to Serve as Morris County Prosecutor
"He was a giant within the community -- deeply devoted to his parishioners, providing spiritual guidance and support for all who needed it.
"For the past 23 years, he also served as a chaplain for the New Jersey State Police, offering solace to troopers and law enforcement families and presiding over dozens of graduation ceremonies and funerals. After the September 11th attacks, he volunteered to serve at Ground Zero as a member of Task Force 1 and, in 2005, traveled to New Orleans to minister to residents and first responders in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Wherever he thought the spirits of others could use reinforcement, that's where you would find him.
"We will always remember Monsignor Lowery for his warmth, comfort, good humor, and deep and abiding faith. May he rest in eternal peace."
Copy of Executive Order #94
Latest on Jersey Desk
- Utopia p2p Releases CRP (Crypton) cryptocurrency on Crypto Exchanges
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- The Brownstones at New Visions Now 50% Sold Out as Sales Surge into Fall
- Manage HR Magazine Names BCT Partners One of Top 10 Most Innovative Diversity and Inclusion Consulting Companies
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
- OncoBeta GmbH and Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation sign Letter of Intent to establish manufacturing site in Australia
- Patton Announces the World's Smallest, Lowest-Cost eSBC for SoHo and SME
- QUByte Connect 2020 - Digital Event by QUByte Interactive
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Mick Strawn and Jeremy Brown to co-direct The House In The Pines
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- Selective Insurance Adds New Independent Directors to Enhance Board Expertise
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- CS Energy Named One of New Jersey's Best Places to Work
- Bioclinica Partners with GI Reviewers in Developing Advanced Technologies
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update