- Fall Exhibitions at The Center for Contemporary Art
- New Jersey: Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Allowing Extended Rulemaking Deadlines to Expire
- New Jersey: Governor Murphy Takes Action on Legislation
During the district's pilot program to enhance learning through AR Technology, STRAX executives were approached by the district staff about leveraging the school district's ubiquitous logo, prominently featured throughout Jersey City, as a direct portal to immersive content about the school district. Strax Networks responded quickly and beginning August, anyone with a mobile device can quickly scan the district's logo and gain access to a trove of up to the minute communications materials offered by the city's education leaders.
The district has made significant strides in utilizing emerging technology to offer students a heightened opportunity for engagement when learning. Using the StraxAR™ app, students can scan any textbook page to unlock videos and other content related to the text or redirect them to a site or webpage for deeper immersion into that subject.
More on Jersey Desk
- New Jersey: ICYMI: Survivors in Warren County Can Now Apply for FEMA Assistancovernor Murphy Signs Executive Order Instituting Vaccination or Testing Requirement for All Child Care Center Personnel
- 16:06 ET Richard L. Gordon, DO, is recognized by Continental Who's Who
- Prep My Family: You Never Know When Disaster Will Strike, Be Prepared With Survival Supplies
- Joaris Bella and Mike Masif Coming to Dubai Nightclub in Camden
- 2 Day Free Festival Rocks the Bay Oct 2 & 3
"Technology has a way of energizing students and bring lesson plans to life that make the process of learning even more engaging," said Superintendent Walker. "The entire Jersey City Public School system is committed to being a leader in education though groundbreaking technology that only serves to give every one of our students a competitive advantage as they prepare for life beyond high school."
"As New Jersey's second largest school district, Jersey City Public Schools recognizes the important role technology plays in giving our students, parents and educators every competitive advantage in education," continued Walker. "StraxAR understands our shared objective of equipping Jersey City with the cutting-edge technology that will help accelerate both learning and community outreach in a timely fashion. We are so pleased that our district logo can serve as an important portal that brings the community even closer together."
Eric Singleton, Strax Networks CEO and co-founder added "Jersey City Public Schools are at the forefront of education in envisioning how AR content is the future. The pilot program illustrated the remarkable speed student leaders on the team were able to understand and apply the power of AR toward learning and Strax Networks couldn't be more energized by having Jersey City Public Schools as a partner in recognizing how tech is transforming education for the better." Alan Mariotti, CSO of Strax Networks and co-founder said, "It's truly exciting to see the adoption of a technology that enhances the student experience immediately across all grade levels – merging it with district wide communications takes it to a new level." The benefits of this new use of this technology will be quickly realized, with the parents and community, as the Superintendent rolls out the district plans and expectations for the 2021-2022 school year.
More on Jersey Desk
- New gallery exhibits including FROM FALLUJAH featuring four contemporary photographers work from Fallujah
- Healthline Gate Launches its Health and Medical Information News Website
- 5 Breakroom benefits your employees will truly appreciate
- Carl Gould wins Gold Globee® Entrepreneur of the Year in the Annual 2021 CEO World Awards
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Minneapolis Area Residents!
About Jersey City Public Schools
Jersey City Public Schools is a comprehensive PreK-12 public school district in Hudson County, NJ with 38 schools serving nearly 31,000 students.
Strax Networks Inc.
Strax Networks Inc. and StraxAR™ is a leader in Augmented Reality programming and applies its patented technology to bridge the physical gap between brands and audiences to create an immersive education and brand experience. Augmented Reality now has a proven platform on which to build - StraxAR™ is the only Augmented Reality platform currently capable for mass adoption of large brands. Visit us online at www.straxnetworks.com
For All Media Inquiries:
Strax Networks Inc.
SOURCE Strax Networks Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Jersey Desk
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- New Jersey: Governor Murphy Signs Legislation to Increase Transparency of Higher Education Costs
- Governor Murphy Announces Commitment to Universal Pre-K for New Jersey
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- LBI Region Packs Fall events into a 3 Day Weekend
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- A sea of yellow assembles on the Seaside Heights boardwalk at the 8th Annual Celebration of HOPE Wal
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Soligenix to Advance Synthetic Hypericin Development in Psoriasis
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Announces the Launch of Fab Cars, An E-Commerce Platform For Selling and Buying Used Cars
- LBI Region Businesses Can Win Big with Shop Small Promotion
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- ICYMI: Acting AG Bruck: New Jersey Files Amicus Brief Supporting U.S. Department of Justice Challenge to Texas Ban on Abortions
- Businesses Win Big with Shop Small Kick off November 17
- What is on Tap at Oct 2 & 3 Bayfront Fest?
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?