Governor Murphy last month announced his intention to nominate Judith Persichilli as Commissioner of Health, and she will begin her role as Acting Commissioner on July 29. Ms. Persichilli served as Acting President and CEO of University Hospital in Newark, a position she held since December 2018.
As Deputy Commissioner, Ms. Maziarz oversees the Divisions of Health Facilities Survey and Field Operations, Certificate of Need and Licensing, and the Office of Health Care Financing. These programs include 300 staff and a $500 million budget.
Ms. Maziarz has also worked with First Lady Tammy Murphy, national, state, and local partners on maternal health quality initiatives, including strategic plans to address maternal health by reducing deaths and preventable injuries and eliminating racial disparities. This work includes the Department's Maternal Data Center that houses information on maternal health complications and ways to address them, and the New Jersey Maternal Care Quality Collaborative, a multidisciplinary team of stakeholders who will oversee the transformation of maternal health care in NJ.
More on Jersey Desk
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches with the Goals to Empower the Creative Spirit and Celebrate All
- Former Brookstone and Home Depot Canada CEO Joins CEO Coaching International
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Conference
- Wuhan coronavirus: Are You Ready for the SHTF?
- FMI Foundation Honors Eggland's Best with Gold Plate Award
Prior to joining the Department, Ms. Maziarz served as the Assistant Director of Budget and Fiscal Analysis for the New Jersey Senate Majority Office from 2015 to 2018. In this role, Ms. Maziarz staffed the Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee, the Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee and was instrumental in drafting and passing the state's FY18 Budget.
Previously, Ms. Maziarz served as Deputy Press Secretary for former Governor Jon Corzine and a Legislative Director for a State of New Jersey Assembly member. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Master of Public Administration from Rutgers University. She currently resides in Robbinsville with her husband and two sons.
Latest on Jersey Desk
- Taking Control versus Asking Permission - "Skills to Back Yourself"
- PhaseZero CxCommerce™ Platform Named Top 10 Technology Solution Provider by Retail CIO Outlook Magazine
- BitOoda Launches Hashpower Contract
- JFK Air Cargo EXPO 2020 Finalized
- 360 Show Time Launches Free Channels on RokuTV
- Epygenix Therapeutics Successfully Completes EPX-100 Phase I, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind, 2-Period Study and Ready to Phase 2 Studies
- Lightstone Solutions Announces 2020-2021 On-Site Tribal Gaming Commission Training Series
- Joseph Federico Announces NJ MET Inc Sponsorship of American Red Cross to Support Military Community
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup'
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Daniel Imperato CEO of Octobotic Inc. Taps Vinod Sujan Fmr. Oracle Exec. & Aarzoo founder
- IAOP and HCL Announce Winners of the Red Ladder Women in Outsourcing Awards
- Axiros Solution Enables Electronic Frontier UK to Manage Multiple Client Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- Air Duct Cleaning NJ - Why Should I Clean my Home Air Ducts?
- What is Windshield Molding and Does it Need to be Replaced?
- TD Bank Ranks First in Customer Satisfaction Among National Banks, According to J.D. Power
- Signature Tracks and Downtown Music Publishing Announce Strategic Partnership for Scoring Film, Television, And Advertising
- Arctic Glacier Expands in Indiana with Acquisition of Superior Ice Company in Indianapolis, IN
- Interactive Touchscreen Solutions, Inc. Takes Ward Over Security Integrations with Direct 'Access' Visitor Management Solutions
- Newark CTE Network Selects Healthcare Chair