Governor Murphy last month announced his intention to nominate Judith Persichilli as Commissioner of Health, and she will begin her role as Acting Commissioner on July 29. Ms. Persichilli served as Acting President and CEO of University Hospital in Newark, a position she held since December 2018.
As Deputy Commissioner, Ms. Maziarz oversees the Divisions of Health Facilities Survey and Field Operations, Certificate of Need and Licensing, and the Office of Health Care Financing. These programs include 300 staff and a $500 million budget.
Ms. Maziarz has also worked with First Lady Tammy Murphy, national, state, and local partners on maternal health quality initiatives, including strategic plans to address maternal health by reducing deaths and preventable injuries and eliminating racial disparities. This work includes the Department's Maternal Data Center that houses information on maternal health complications and ways to address them, and the New Jersey Maternal Care Quality Collaborative, a multidisciplinary team of stakeholders who will oversee the transformation of maternal health care in NJ.
More on Jersey Desk
- New Jersey: El Gobernador Murphy firma una resolución que designa el "Día de Puerto Rico" en Nueva Jersey
- Rook Coffee expands online cold brew offering
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- From the New Jersey Department of Labor: NJ Unemployment Rate Falls to 3.3 Percent in July, Below National Rate
Prior to joining the Department, Ms. Maziarz served as the Assistant Director of Budget and Fiscal Analysis for the New Jersey Senate Majority Office from 2015 to 2018. In this role, Ms. Maziarz staffed the Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee, the Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee and was instrumental in drafting and passing the state's FY18 Budget.
Previously, Ms. Maziarz served as Deputy Press Secretary for former Governor Jon Corzine and a Legislative Director for a State of New Jersey Assembly member. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Master of Public Administration from Rutgers University. She currently resides in Robbinsville with her husband and two sons.
Latest on Jersey Desk
- America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies: Revealed
- Threshold Named among the Nation's Top Companies on the 2019 Inc. 5000
- Digital Media Solutions Secures Sixth Consecutive Ranking On Inc. 5000 List
- Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition
- eMeasures360™ version 9.0 Achieves ONC HIT 2015 Edition Modular EHR Certification
- New Jersey: Governor Murphy Tours Water Distribution Center, Announces Enhanced Efforts to Ensure Access to Clean Water for Newark Residents
- Destiny Carries & LFG Wins Praise for Offering First-Class Destiny Carries and boosting for all Destiny Players
- Evolve IP® Named For Seventh Time to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Chris Janson to Headline Subaru Country Freedom Festival at the Port of Los Angeles October 19
- New York Times Best-Selling Author Jonathan Cahn To Lead Biblical Mystery Tour Of Israel
- Transcend Security Secures High Rank On Acclaimed Inc. 5000 List Of The Fastest Growing Private Companies In America for 2019
- Automation Intellect Raises Funding Round Led by StartFast
- Benjamin Ross Group, LLC Sells Mt. Salem Electric, Hunterdon County, NJ
- California Advertising Company Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- VORAGO Technologies Receives NASA SBIR Award for Latch-up Protection IC
- Saranas Recognized as One of Houston's Most Innovative Companies
- AABC Announces 2019 Summer Scholarship Endowment Funding Availability
- Conspire Web Services reduces cloud backup costs by up to 25x
- The Most Extensive Study Of Its Kind On Family Office Real Estate Investing Is Released