Governor Murphy last month announced his intention to nominate Judith Persichilli as Commissioner of Health, and she will begin her role as Acting Commissioner on July 29. Ms. Persichilli served as Acting President and CEO of University Hospital in Newark, a position she held since December 2018.
As Deputy Commissioner, Ms. Maziarz oversees the Divisions of Health Facilities Survey and Field Operations, Certificate of Need and Licensing, and the Office of Health Care Financing. These programs include 300 staff and a $500 million budget.
Ms. Maziarz has also worked with First Lady Tammy Murphy, national, state, and local partners on maternal health quality initiatives, including strategic plans to address maternal health by reducing deaths and preventable injuries and eliminating racial disparities. This work includes the Department's Maternal Data Center that houses information on maternal health complications and ways to address them, and the New Jersey Maternal Care Quality Collaborative, a multidisciplinary team of stakeholders who will oversee the transformation of maternal health care in NJ.
More on Jersey Desk
- New Jersey: ICYMI: Unemployment Rate Edges Lower in August to 3.2%
- Intalytics Taps INRIX to Provide Retailers with Best-in-Class Traffic Data for Decision Analysis
- Registration Open: ACI's 10th Annual New York Economic Sanctions Forum Dec. 10-11 New York City
- Olympic Medalist Monica Aksamit Sets Out on 2020 Olympic Quest
- Official Launch of ExhibitDay.com
Prior to joining the Department, Ms. Maziarz served as the Assistant Director of Budget and Fiscal Analysis for the New Jersey Senate Majority Office from 2015 to 2018. In this role, Ms. Maziarz staffed the Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee, the Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee and was instrumental in drafting and passing the state's FY18 Budget.
Previously, Ms. Maziarz served as Deputy Press Secretary for former Governor Jon Corzine and a Legislative Director for a State of New Jersey Assembly member. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Master of Public Administration from Rutgers University. She currently resides in Robbinsville with her husband and two sons.
Latest on Jersey Desk
- Mobile Cannabis Lounge Tours Land in Los Angeles
- REV•1 Engineering® Takes Early Phase Medical Device Development To The Next Level
- Pre-construction pricing available now at Nobility Crest
- Paul Romer, Nobel Prize Recipient for Economic Sciences, joins Worldwide Speakers Group
- New World Record Efficiency with Flexible CIGS Solar Cell
- The Pet Gal Named One of Top Austin Area Women-Owned Businesses for 2018 Total Revenue
- Habitu8 Named Official Video Partner for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Edison Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Disney Institute to Edison, NJ
- Rook Coffee's Pumpkin Style Hot Coffee Is Back!
- Spreading Free Smiles: Dental Clinic. Costa Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
- The Latest in In Vogue Women's Accessories
- Fall Semester Class Schedule at BrainStorm Tutoring
- ICYMI: New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy's Message To India: New Jersey and India - There is No Better Place for India's Innovative Businesses Than New Jersey
- The Relevancy Group releases The Relevancy Ring 2019 Customer Data Platform (CDP) Buyer's Guide
- CME Symposium- Management of LDL-C-Cholesterol: Taking the Next Steps
- CME Symposium- Narcolepsy in Children: Addressing the Challenges and Improving the Outcomes
- PiCAN3 CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi 4 with 3A Power Supply And Real-Time Clock
- Custom Pak Solutions doubles down as your All-in-One System Integrator of Packaging Solutions
- The Patient Activation Measure® (PAM®) Assessment to be Incorporated into Select CMS Alternative Payment Models
- New Website from "The Addictiveness Doctor" Launched Explaining Root Causes of Addiction!