WEST TRENTON – Governor Phil Murphy today announced that state offices will close at noon for non-essential personnel due to today's snow storm.
The Governor has initiated a staggered closing for state offices beginning at 12:00 p.m. this afternoon. The early dismissal does not include essential employees, who shall remain until the normal close of business. Private companies and business should dismiss their employees at their own discretion. No state of emergency has been declared at this point.
"The snow storm continues to intensify across our state, which will affect our roads with heavy snow and black ice," said Governor Murphy. "I strongly urge all travelers to use extreme caution and allow crews plenty of room to keep our roads clean and safe. My Administration will continue to monitor the storm and will take every necessary step possible to ensure the safety of our residents and commuters."
The Office of Emergency Management, Department of Transportation, Board of Public Utilities, and various state agencies will continue to monitor weather conditions from the State Emergency Operations Center until the snow storm concludes.
More on Jersey Desk
- Governor Murphy Directs U.S. and New Jersey Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Former Newark Councilman and Community Leader Calvin West
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- New Jersey State Children's Chorus performs in An Ars Musica Holiday 12/14/19
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
A commercial vehicle ban is still in effect on Interstate 80, both directions from the Pennsylvania state line to exit 43 (I-287); Interstate 78, both directions from the Pennsylvania state line to exit 29 (I-287); and Interstate 287, both directions from exit 21 (I-78) to the New York border.
Follow weather news for local forecasts, warnings, and storm watches.
For those living in Central and Southern New Jersey, visit the U.S. National Weather Service Philadelphia/Mount Holly at http://www.weather.gov/phi/
For those living in Northern New Jersey and the New York Metro area, visit the U.S. National Weather Service New York, N.Y. at http://www.weather.gov/okx/ Follow New Jersey Office of Emergency Management on social media for important weather updates and safety information:
Latest on Jersey Desk
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- Governor Murphy Directs U.S. and New Jersey Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Monsignor Philip Lowery
- Giving Back to Joseph F Cappello School in Hamilton, NJ
- New Exxelia Ultra-Broadband Capacitors Ensure Low Insertion over Wide Bandwidth up to 40GHz
- American Microsemiconductor, Inc has acquired Sanford Miller, Co
- Sotheby's International Realty Brand Expands Presence in Staten Island
- Learn. Repeat. Pass. MicroLearning from MicroLector
- Monmouth University Record Label Artist Approaches 3 Million Streams
- Large Independent Multi-Center Clinical Trial with Stratum Nutrition's NEM® Confirms Results in 7 Days
- PRNFamily Funky New Year 2020 at Paisley Park Honoring Prince Music Genius and Philanthropy
- Remarkable Growth Prompts J. Scuderia Auto To Relocate Facility To New Location In Central Nj
- Florida Mediator Matthew Graduates Harvard Law School Negotiation Master Class
- Ulpa Patel Joins RE/MAX ONE as New Sales Associate
- MC Companies Continues to be an Industry Leader by Donating $100,000 to 2019 Autism Speaks Walk in Partnership with SARRC
- Workshop at BrainStorm Tutoring: Develop Intuition
- HRC Realty and CENTURY 21 Town & Country Real Estate Combine to Form Powerhouse Serving the Real Estate Needs of Buyers and Sellers in Metro Detroit
- Voter Beware: Could Your Favorite Presidential Candidate's Policies Wreck the U.S. Economy?
- JustCall Ranked 5th Fastest-Growing Technology Company in Deloitte Technology Fast 50 India 2019