"From job creation to workforce development to reducing our reliance on fossil fuels, the WIND Institute and the council tasked with its development make good on our commitment to building a New Jersey economy fit for the 21st century," said Governor Murphy. "Centralizing the State's resources under one roof allows us to leverage the considerable expertise at our disposal to enhance our position as a national leader in offshore wind development."
The Council will recommend the WIND Institute's governance structure, identify sources of funding and gaps in existing resources, and develop and recommend the organization's primary functions. The Council is a cross-governmental coordinating effort with membership from the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, Economic Development Authority, Board of Public Utilities and the Departments of Education, Environmental Protection, and Labor and Workforce Development, in addition to the Governor's Chief Policy Adviser and Chief Counsel.
More on Jersey Desk
- Intalytics Taps INRIX to Provide Retailers with Best-in-Class Traffic Data for Decision Analysis
- Registration Open: ACI's 10th Annual New York Economic Sanctions Forum Dec. 10-11 New York City
- Olympic Medalist Monica Aksamit Sets Out on 2020 Olympic Quest
- Official Launch of ExhibitDay.com
- SpectraMedix EMPI Delivers More Than 99% Matching Engine Accuracy
Originally identified in the Governor's 2018 economic plan, the WIND Institute will position New Jersey as a leader in offshore wind by promoting job creation, workforce development and training, research and development, and capital investment.
The Council will issue a final report to the Governor with recommendations on creating the WIND institute within four months of the Council's creation.
Copy of Executive Order #79
Latest on Jersey Desk
- REV•1 Engineering® Takes Early Phase Medical Device Development To The Next Level
- Pre-construction pricing available now at Nobility Crest
- Paul Romer, Nobel Prize Recipient for Economic Sciences, joins Worldwide Speakers Group
- The Pet Gal Named One of Top Austin Area Women-Owned Businesses for 2018 Total Revenue
- New World Record Efficiency with Flexible CIGS Solar Cell
- Habitu8 Named Official Video Partner for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Edison Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Disney Institute to Edison, NJ
- Rook Coffee's Pumpkin Style Hot Coffee Is Back!
- Spreading Free Smiles: Dental Clinic. Costa Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
- The Latest in In Vogue Women's Accessories
- Fall Semester Class Schedule at BrainStorm Tutoring
- ICYMI: New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy's Message To India: New Jersey and India - There is No Better Place for India's Innovative Businesses Than New Jersey
- The Relevancy Group releases The Relevancy Ring 2019 Customer Data Platform (CDP) Buyer's Guide
- CME Symposium- Management of LDL-C-Cholesterol: Taking the Next Steps
- CME Symposium- Narcolepsy in Children: Addressing the Challenges and Improving the Outcomes
- PiCAN3 CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi 4 with 3A Power Supply And Real-Time Clock
- Custom Pak Solutions doubles down as your All-in-One System Integrator of Packaging Solutions
- The Patient Activation Measure® (PAM®) Assessment to be Incorporated into Select CMS Alternative Payment Models
- New Website from "The Addictiveness Doctor" Launched Explaining Root Causes of Addiction!
- Children's Book Now Part of the Collection at the Maison de la Littérature