"From job creation to workforce development to reducing our reliance on fossil fuels, the WIND Institute and the council tasked with its development make good on our commitment to building a New Jersey economy fit for the 21st century," said Governor Murphy. "Centralizing the State's resources under one roof allows us to leverage the considerable expertise at our disposal to enhance our position as a national leader in offshore wind development."
The Council will recommend the WIND Institute's governance structure, identify sources of funding and gaps in existing resources, and develop and recommend the organization's primary functions. The Council is a cross-governmental coordinating effort with membership from the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, Economic Development Authority, Board of Public Utilities and the Departments of Education, Environmental Protection, and Labor and Workforce Development, in addition to the Governor's Chief Policy Adviser and Chief Counsel.
More on Jersey Desk
- Digital Media Solutions Pledges To Become Carbon Negative In 2020
- PLT Will Unveil Slendacor® WD Weight Management Complex at EXPO West 2020
- Macadamian to host AI in Healthcare webinar with Microsoft Canada's National Chief Data Scientist
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
Originally identified in the Governor's 2018 economic plan, the WIND Institute will position New Jersey as a leader in offshore wind by promoting job creation, workforce development and training, research and development, and capital investment.
The Council will issue a final report to the Governor with recommendations on creating the WIND institute within four months of the Council's creation.
Copy of Executive Order #79
Latest on Jersey Desk
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo
- Airforwarders Association Testifies at U.S. Senate Committee Hearing
- Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association Makes Investment Play in Education Game Startup
- BrandSpark International Again Honors Eggland's Best as America's Most Trusted Egg Brand
- Medicom Health Partners with Houston Hospital System to Help Patients Save on Prescription Costs
- KOLBUS is a new name in corrugated converting machinery
- KYOCERA's New AH100A Alumina Ceramic Offers Breakthrough Benefits for High-Voltage Insulation Applications
- Veritext Legal Solutions Expands Court Reporter Scholarship Program to Include New York State
- That's A Wrap: The 14th Annual Beaufort International Film Festival Winners are Announced
- Prudential Retirement calls on the workplace to support savings at every life stage
- CEO Coaching International Makes Inc.'s List of the 250 Fastest Growing Private Companies in California
- Solutions for Airborne Coronavirus, Tuberculosis, Measles and Influenza
- Alcohol Ads Lead to Youth Drinking, Should Be More Regulated, Experts Say
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series
- Spring Boutique Vendor and Craft Show Sponsored by Montville Pet Parents
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!
- Houston Trailblazer, Jade Simmons, Hosts Restoration Rally
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- FSR's Smart-Way Floor Raceway System Now Hosted By ARCAT