Avoid Unnecessary Travel during the Storm
TRENTON – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) Commissioner Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti today issued a commercial vehicle travel restriction on portions of I-78, I-80, and I-287 starting at 12 midnight tonight.
The winter storm is expected to produce difficult travel conditions across the northwest portion of the State due to accumulated snow and ice that will cause limited visibility on the roadways and disrupt snowplow operations, especially during the morning and evening commuting period on Monday, December 2.
NJDOT is prepared and coordinating our response with our regional transportation partners and the New Jersey State Police to ensure the safety of all travelers. Ice and winds could bring trees and branches down on roadways. NJDOT crews have tree-clearing equipment available to remove debris from state highways to ensure plows, emergency personnel and utility companies can get through.
More on Jersey Desk
- New Jersey: Statement from Governor Murphy on the Passing of Buena Vista Mayor Chuck Chiarello
- Governor Murphy Directs U.S. and New Jersey Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Former Newark Councilman and Community Leader Calvin West
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- New Jersey State Children's Chorus performs in An Ars Musica Holiday 12/14/19
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
Commercial Vehicle Travel Restriction
The restriction applies to the entire length of all Interstate Highways in New Jersey including:
- Interstate 80, both directions from the Pennsylvania state line to exit 43 (I-287) Interstate 78, both directions from the Pennsylvania state line to exit 29 (I-287) Interstate 287, both directions from exit 21 (I-78) to the New York border
The commercial vehicle travel restriction in New Jersey applies to the following vehicles:
- All tractor-trailers Empty straight CDL-weighted trucks Passenger vehicles pulling trailers Recreational vehicles Motorcycles
The restriction DOES NOT apply to:
- New Jersey Turnpike Garden State Parkway Atlantic City Expressway
The Department is reminding motorists:
- AVOID UNNECESSARY TRAVEL during the storm Consider Telecommuting tomorrow, if possible If you must drive and road conditions deteriorate, GET OFF THE ROAD somewhere safe and wait it out Always STAY CLEAR of plows and spreading trucks. If they are behind you, let them pass DO NOT PASS between trucks that are in a plow formation Be patient and use caution
More on Jersey Desk
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Rafael Holdings to Present at LD Micro Main Event
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
In order for NJDOT and our regional and local transportation partners to safely and efficiently clear roadways of snow and ice, motorists need to Clear the Roads so We Can Clear the Roads.
NJDOT will deploy our Incline Package assets on I-280 and I-78 at Jugtown mountain (between Exits 7 and 11), which includes pre-positioning towing assets, NJDOT Safety Service Patrol (SSP) trucks, and coordination with New Jersey State Police.
NJDOT will be using Variable Message Signs throughout the storm to provide updates. Once conditions improve, NJDOT will lift the Winter Weather Congestion Alert.
Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news and updates follow us on the NJDOT Facebook page or on Twitter @NJDOT_info.
Latest on Jersey Desk
- Ulpa Patel Joins RE/MAX ONE as New Sales Associate
- MC Companies Continues to be an Industry Leader by Donating $100,000 to 2019 Autism Speaks Walk in Partnership with SARRC
- Workshop at BrainStorm Tutoring: Develop Intuition
- HRC Realty and CENTURY 21 Town & Country Real Estate Combine to Form Powerhouse Serving the Real Estate Needs of Buyers and Sellers in Metro Detroit
- Voter Beware: Could Your Favorite Presidential Candidate's Policies Wreck the U.S. Economy?
- JustCall Ranked 5th Fastest-Growing Technology Company in Deloitte Technology Fast 50 India 2019
- Durante Rentals Appoints Baron Selman as Sales Manager
- Bid Ops Announces Waitlist for Free Sourcing Enablement Platform
- Household Appliance Repairs In Edmonton
- Lambertville Environmental Commission Welcomes Author Mindy Mutterperl for Sustainability Lecture
- AVANTE started to assist New Jersey hotels to meet the nation's first State law to require panic buttons for hotel workers
- Jerry W. Conaty inducted as JB MDL's Honorary Commander
- Traditions at Chesterfield & Stem Academy to host Holiday Open House
- Brownstones at Red Bank welcomes new homeowners
- NJ Builders Group Recognizes BCA Insurance's Lisa Post as its Woman of the Year
- Prakas & Co is now handling the exclusive leasing for Brickell Bay Boardwalk
- Massachusetts No Points Hard Money Loans
- Pennsylvania No Points Hard Money Loans
- New Jersey: Statement from Governor Murphy on the Passing of Calvin West
- NOUS Imaging Announces $6.6 Million in Funding for Brain MRI Software Solution