Avoid Unnecessary Travel during the Storm
TRENTON – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) Commissioner Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti today issued a commercial vehicle travel restriction on portions of I-78, I-80, and I-287 starting at 12 midnight tonight.
The winter storm is expected to produce difficult travel conditions across the northwest portion of the State due to accumulated snow and ice that will cause limited visibility on the roadways and disrupt snowplow operations, especially during the morning and evening commuting period on Monday, December 2.
NJDOT is prepared and coordinating our response with our regional transportation partners and the New Jersey State Police to ensure the safety of all travelers. Ice and winds could bring trees and branches down on roadways. NJDOT crews have tree-clearing equipment available to remove debris from state highways to ensure plows, emergency personnel and utility companies can get through.
More on Jersey Desk
- Grab 'em by the Microphone! Independent Feature Film To the New Girl Releases on VOD
- Crossover Publications announces 9/11/2020 release date for Make America Saved Again
- New Jersey: Governor Murphy and Superintendent Callahan Announce Administrative Order Authorizing Reopening of Computer Labs at Colleges and Universities
- Sustainable Student-Run Company's Diverse Work Environment Embodies American-Made Spirit
- Curated Collections of Fall Bulbs, Plants and More to Benefit Morven Museum & Garden
Commercial Vehicle Travel Restriction
The restriction applies to the entire length of all Interstate Highways in New Jersey including:
- Interstate 80, both directions from the Pennsylvania state line to exit 43 (I-287) Interstate 78, both directions from the Pennsylvania state line to exit 29 (I-287) Interstate 287, both directions from exit 21 (I-78) to the New York border
The commercial vehicle travel restriction in New Jersey applies to the following vehicles:
- All tractor-trailers Empty straight CDL-weighted trucks Passenger vehicles pulling trailers Recreational vehicles Motorcycles
The restriction DOES NOT apply to:
- New Jersey Turnpike Garden State Parkway Atlantic City Expressway
The Department is reminding motorists:
- AVOID UNNECESSARY TRAVEL during the storm Consider Telecommuting tomorrow, if possible If you must drive and road conditions deteriorate, GET OFF THE ROAD somewhere safe and wait it out Always STAY CLEAR of plows and spreading trucks. If they are behind you, let them pass DO NOT PASS between trucks that are in a plow formation Be patient and use caution
More on Jersey Desk
- e7 Health now offers at-home COVID-19 saliva test kits
- Maccabi USA Men's Basketball Announces New Head Coach For 21st Maccabiah
- Clarity Gold Reported 2.32 oz/t Au - Sent Crews to Three High Grade Gold Properties in BC
- Southern Ocean Chamber Sets August Member Activities
- Doctor Develops Personalized Solution to COVID-19 Threat
In order for NJDOT and our regional and local transportation partners to safely and efficiently clear roadways of snow and ice, motorists need to Clear the Roads so We Can Clear the Roads.
NJDOT will deploy our Incline Package assets on I-280 and I-78 at Jugtown mountain (between Exits 7 and 11), which includes pre-positioning towing assets, NJDOT Safety Service Patrol (SSP) trucks, and coordination with New Jersey State Police.
NJDOT will be using Variable Message Signs throughout the storm to provide updates. Once conditions improve, NJDOT will lift the Winter Weather Congestion Alert.
Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news and updates follow us on the NJDOT Facebook page or on Twitter @NJDOT_info.
Latest on Jersey Desk
- J-STAR Research & XtalPi Host 2020 Pharmaceutical Crystallization Summit
- Pre Teen's 'SUNCards' Help Kids Manage Their Anxiety
- New Jersey: Governor Murphy and Lieutenant Governor Oliver Announce Emergency Grant Funding Program to Assist Small Landlords and Tenants
- Marshals Of The Revolution-New Roots Country Music and Lifestyle Brand Has Arrived
- Inbound Logistics Names Tucker Company Worldwide Top 100 3PL for 19th Year in a Row
- Red Hook Terminals to Deploy Largest Electric Truck Fleet on US East Coast
- Avoiding the 17a-4 Quagmire - AdvisorVault's Guide for Small FINRA Firms
- Hylan Datacom & Electrical Wins 2020 Best Electrician Award
- Eric Bopp Announces He's Running for Judge
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- Businesses Get Higher Security With Latest Stand Alone Version of ezPaycheck 2020 Software
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept
- Brother International Corporation Announces New Sewing and Embroidery, and Crafting Machines Featuring Industry-First Technology
- Kupit Kickstarter Campaign by Burgeón Brands Attempts to Reduce Waste from Single-Serving Coffee Pods
- Latino Leaders Network to Host Virtual Panel Discussion with Democratic Latino Delegates
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
- High Throughput Industrial NAS Storage Server Solution For Real-Time Data processing, Recording and Streaming