Crews and equipment ready to respond as conditions warrant
NEWARK - NJ TRANSIT anticipates regular service on its rail, bus, light rail and Access Link services for Sunday and Monday as long as weather conditions permit safe operation. Parts of New Jersey are forecasted to experience snow and icy roadway conditions with rapid freezing of wet surfaces. There is also a possibility of wind gusts, which could impact the overhead wires on rail and light rail service.
Note: For customers of Bus Route Nos. 196/197, NJ TRANSIT rail will cross-honor bus passes and tickets on the Port Jervis Line trains to/from Harriman, Tuxedo and Sloatsburg through the end of the service day on Monday. Bus service to/from Warwick, N.Y., will originate/terminate at West Milford Park & Ride due to weather conditions. Bus 196 will operate on a snow detour and will not operate on Skyline Drive.
NJ TRANSIT will have personnel and assets in position to address any issues that may arise during or after the storm, which could include downed wires or trees.
NJ TRANSIT's Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is open and closely monitoring weather forecasts and conditions as the storm develops. Key personnel will monitor any impacts to the system throughout the duration of the storm.
Customers are advised to use extreme caution around bus stops, stations and facilities as slippery conditions may exist. Customers should also build extra travel time into their schedules as residual delays and some cancellations may occur from the residual effects of the storm.
More on Jersey Desk
- New Jersey: Statement from Governor Murphy on the Passing of Buena Vista Mayor Chuck Chiarello
- Governor Murphy Directs U.S. and New Jersey Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Former Newark Councilman and Community Leader Calvin West
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- New Jersey State Children's Chorus performs in An Ars Musica Holiday 12/14/19
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
Snow fighting supplies and equipment have been dispatched across the state and are ready to be deployed as conditions warrant.
- Before starting your trip, visit njtransit.com for up-to-the-minute service information. Customers are encouraged to download or update the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to set up and receive customized service alert information via push notifications. Visit the You Tube video for easy instructions on setting up custom push notifications. Stay connected to NJ TRANSIT social media during your commute. Search for rail, bus or light rail-specific Twitter accounts for the best information
More on Jersey Desk
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Rafael Holdings to Present at LD Micro Main Event
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
@NJTRANSIT_NBUS (North Jersey Bus)
@NJTRANSIT_SBUS (South Jersey Bus)
YouTube Channel: TheNewJerseyTransit Sign up for the My Transit alert system on njtransit.com, which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phone via email or text. Allow extra time getting to and from your destination. Use extreme caution when walking on exposed sidewalks or station platforms and when boarding trains and buses. Report slippery or unsafe conditions to bus operators, train crews or
NJ TRANSIT staff. Listen closely to public address announcements at stations for late-breaking service information.
Latest on Jersey Desk
- Ulpa Patel Joins RE/MAX ONE as New Sales Associate
- MC Companies Continues to be an Industry Leader by Donating $100,000 to 2019 Autism Speaks Walk in Partnership with SARRC
- Workshop at BrainStorm Tutoring: Develop Intuition
- HRC Realty and CENTURY 21 Town & Country Real Estate Combine to Form Powerhouse Serving the Real Estate Needs of Buyers and Sellers in Metro Detroit
- Voter Beware: Could Your Favorite Presidential Candidate's Policies Wreck the U.S. Economy?
- JustCall Ranked 5th Fastest-Growing Technology Company in Deloitte Technology Fast 50 India 2019
- Durante Rentals Appoints Baron Selman as Sales Manager
- Bid Ops Announces Waitlist for Free Sourcing Enablement Platform
- Household Appliance Repairs In Edmonton
- Lambertville Environmental Commission Welcomes Author Mindy Mutterperl for Sustainability Lecture
- AVANTE started to assist New Jersey hotels to meet the nation's first State law to require panic buttons for hotel workers
- Jerry W. Conaty inducted as JB MDL's Honorary Commander
- Traditions at Chesterfield & Stem Academy to host Holiday Open House
- Brownstones at Red Bank welcomes new homeowners
- NJ Builders Group Recognizes BCA Insurance's Lisa Post as its Woman of the Year
- Prakas & Co is now handling the exclusive leasing for Brickell Bay Boardwalk
- Massachusetts No Points Hard Money Loans
- Pennsylvania No Points Hard Money Loans
- New Jersey: Statement from Governor Murphy on the Passing of Calvin West
- NOUS Imaging Announces $6.6 Million in Funding for Brain MRI Software Solution